Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Welcome!

Welcome to the start of SnowBear Blankets!  SnowBear Blankets is a non-profit group of sorts that I just dreamed up yesterday.  The idea came to me when I was searching online for a way to help out terminally ill children this holiday season.  Other than donating a toy or money, which seemed impersonal, to a children's hospital, I did not find any other ways to reach out.  I've always heard a lot about Children's Memorial Hospital in Chicago (which is now Lurie Children's Memorial Hospital) so I decided to check out their website.  Under their donation category, it says that they accept new, crafted no-sew fleece blankets for the children.  Upon reading this, I knew I could get a handful of my Twitter friends together to make a few blankets for donation.  If you would like to donate a new, crafted no-sew blanket, please read further for details.

- Blanket(s) will need to be on my doorstep no later than December 10th.  I plan on donating the blankets either the 12th or the 13th but need enough time to launder and bag them up.  You can send the blankets via USPS, UPS, or FedEx, or if you live in the Chicagoland area, we can arrange for a drop off.  (Email me once your blanket is complete for the shipping address: snowbearblankets (at) gmail (dot) com)

- Please try to make your blanket using holiday prints such as snowflakes or snowmen, but this is not necessary, just an added bonus.

- A no-sew tutorial can be found under the tutorial tab.


- Save money by using coupons.  Coupon info can be found under the coupon tab. 


- Each blanket will cost you around $15-$20 to make and about $6 to ship.  


PLEASE tell your friends, coworkers, and fellow bloggers!  The goal for blankets is 30!

Let's do this for the kids!


- Amy Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment